Wednesday, October 27, 2010

SRV - Couldn't Stand The Weather


Year of release: 1984
Genre: Blues
Country: U.S.A.


T
racks:
01. Scuttle Buttin'
02. Couldn't Stand The Weather
03. The Things (That) I Used To Do
04. Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
05. Cold Shot
06. Tin Pay Alley
07. Honey Bee
08. Stang's Swang

In a few words:
Do you like blues? If the answer is yes, then I am sure that you know this guy. If not, let me introduce you to a great blues-man, the "white" Hendrix - and this is not a sacrilege. Listen to the Voodoo Child cover and see Stevie's aspect for this great song. Apart from his technique, the main thing that anyone can notice while listening to this is album is that SVR plays from his heart, having his Fender Stratocaster as the vehicle that lead us to the stratosphere. Having at his back a good rhythm section, Stevie unleashes his riffs and solos repeatedly. I pick this album to present (from his short discography) because it introduced me to his significant playing. I am sure that whichever album you choose to listen first, you will enjoy it.


Personal highlights:
"Couldn't Stand The Weather", "Voodoo Child" and "Tin Pay Alley"

0 comments: